Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

From Yogya with Hurt

It is long week end  vacation, 26-28 February 2010, due to commemoration of Maulid Nabi SAW. Alhamdulillah. But I was unexpectedly assigned to go to Yogya, replacing big boss, who already promised to students' association, called Forum Mahasiswa Shariah se Indonesia, that he will deliver a speech about Islamic banking, in their annual camp. This assignment, off course,  leaves my family and colleagues wondering; why I should go, when everyone spend their vacation at home, or when everyone will gather for Maulid celebration in our "pondok" almamater. I shrugged off. That is a work consequence. That is choice of life. I wish I had other choice...

Just one day before flight, I got fever and cought. And it happened when I already at home. No time for reassigning the job to other person. I tried to recover it by myself using every medicine I have, which I know it might suit for my ill.  My fever and cought continued until tomorrow morning, just before I depart to bus station which will lead to airport. I fell sleep all the time.

Due to hectic air traffic my flight was scheduled to be on 12.40 PM. All other flight are full. And it was working as scheduled. This means I missed Jumah prayer. Off course in a journey people may not be compulsory to pray Jumah and can replace it by shalat jama (compound) by joining zhuhur and Azhar togheter in one of the time. But relatively empty schedule in Jumah time shows how people lack knowledge on fiqh ibadah.

I arrived at Adi Sucipto airport, Yogyakarta. No hotel pick-up is available, as promised by my regional office. And it is not the first time I experience this break-promise. However, everytime I forward a complain, they just ignore it. May be because I am just a low level officer, so my voice is merely like a sound of bird in a hard-blowing wind. Recently my desk-top computer in the office was out of service and I should wait for 3 weeks to repair, while at the same time, one of our bureau head had the same problem and he just need few hours for returning his computer to be in normal work! What a different treatment!

Another mistreatment for me goes on. Due to heavy reservation everywhere in Yogya, I was placed in Sheraton. For everyone who knows Yogya's hotels, Sheraton is a five star hotel. It is located quite outside Yogya. It is good, luxury, and elegant hotel, but with a disastrous thing for a layman like us. Its  entrance way from street almost 1 km and its climbing! it is lucky for me that my office reservation is with breakfast and dinner. the problem with me is the lunch. For this reason I should go out in the heart of hot sunshine, in the middle of my fever and cought,  just to find a lunch!

It is a maulid Nabi vacation. And it is good to be in Yogya. People know it because there will be always grebegan, an agenda for competing food provided by Kraton (Castle) for people. Some people believe that this food will give them berkat, a supersitious power that may empower them to get sustenance in life. However, with my condition in Shereaton, a bellboy advise me to stay at room since it was a bad jam all over Yogya streets, due to Grebegan agenda after Friday prayer.

I was schedule to speak on Islamic Banking development, after Zhuhur on Saturday. But, perhaps this is due to all my bad luck, the committee for seminar delayed my speech up to Saturday night. I was then brought in to a landscape camp in Sleman area (another suburb area of Yogyakarta). We were then placed in a modest hall, un-airconditioned, with around 40 participants, most of them students. The only air condition in the room was big fan which was turn on in a high speed, making my fever worst.  However, what make seminar worst is that participants, who are representative from all over the country except Papua, are from sharia faculty but almost no sharia questions are relevant! They are good when they are exposing human right issues, like multicultural society, gender empowerment, and all other bullshit issues, but not technical competencies like Islamic banking. They will be better if they do not invite us... We are just like a water-oil encounter; I am not with you, and you are never with us....

My fever and cough was back in the journey back to Jakarta. My flight to Jakarta was again in a weird schedule, 06.00 in the morning! I only slept 3 hours after completing my speech in the seminar, so that I might not miss the plane!! It made my fever and cough worse.

May Allah give blessing in disguise behind all off these obstacles.

3 comments:

..::Irhamni H. Rofi'un::.. said...

May Allah cure your sickness, and all the good deeds you are rewarded with good. and knowledge you will get a blessing.
I want to ask about the hot issues that occurred in Indonesia about the bank century, what really happened. and you said in your facebook status a few days ago "If the Bank Century Islamic banks" if there is influence it. thank you very much earlier.

Cecep eM-Ha said...

Thank you Bang Irhamni for the prayer.
As far as the Century case, I cannot make any comment, even if I know the case.
I just want to imagine, what will happen if Century were an Islamic bank, what the people will do on it. There are many comments on my status in facebook from our colleagues, while I have to be silent for certain reasons..he..he..

..::Irhamni H. Rofi'un::.. said...

Too old I called Abang, because my age is younger than you, should I call you Abang or Bapak. he he he ..
I was expecting you would answer like that, because you are part of the largest banking institution in Indonesia. Consequently you have to maintain the confidentiality of what happened. I hope and may all hope that Indonesia's economy will go smoothly and quickly implemented Islamic sharia.